Patricia Mora Riudavets was born in Barcelona in 1983. She is an MA in Egyptology from the University of Liverpool and has a degree in History from the Universitat de Barcelona. Her research focuses on music and dance in ancient Egypt, being the topic of her MA dissertation the “Women clapping their hands within musical bands in the Old Kingdom”.
While doing her degree, she discovered her passion for photography and assisted at photography classes in the Faculty of Fine Arts from the University of Barcelona, where she learnt to develop her own photos.
Years later she completed the Annual Course of Photographic Technique at the Aula de Especialización Fotográfica (Barcelona), where she learnt the techniques of professional lighting and digital retouching, and the Reflectance Transformation Imaging (RTI) Training Course at University College London (UCL).
Recently she has completed the «International Postgraduate in Scientific Photography» at the Universidad de Alcalá (UAH), one of its kind in Europe, in which she developed, among other techniques, the skills to use multispectral photography applied to the cultural heritage.
She has also been a member of the Organizing Committee of the CRE 2019 – Alcalá (17th-21th June, 2019).
Working as a photographer, is and has also been part of the team of different archaeological projects:
- «Aswan/Syene Project»: Project directed by Dr. Cornelius Von Pilgrim and co-directed by Dr. Wolfgang Müller (Schewizer Institut für Ägyptische Bauforschung und Altertumskunde in Kairo), in Aswan (Egypt). Spring season 2019, Fall season 2019. http://swissinst.ch
- «Middle Kingdom Theban Project»: Project directed by Dr. Antonio J. Morales (Universidad de Alcalá), in Deir el Bahari and Asasif (Luxor, Egypt). Seasons 2018, 2020, summer 2021. http://www.thebanproject.com
- «Elephantine Project»: Project directed by Dr. Cornelius von Pilgrim (Schewizer Institut für Ägyptische Bauforschung und Altertumskunde in Kairo) in Elephantine Island (Aswan, Egypt). Fall season 2017, Spring season 2019. http://www.swissinst.ch
- “Proyecto Qubbet el Hawa”: Project directed by Dr. Alejandro Jiménez Serrano (Universidad de Jaén) in Aswan (Egypt). Seasons 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. http://www.ujaen.es/investiga/qubbetelhawa/index.php
- “Dayr al-Barsha Project”: directed by Dr. Harco Willems (University of Leuven) in Dayr al- Barsha (Mynia, Egypt). 2017.
- “Monthemhat Project (TT34)”: Project directed by Dr. Farouk Gomaá (Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen) in El-Asasif’s necropolis (Luxor, Egypt). Seasons of 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2006.
- Proyecto Arqueológico Medio Eufrates Sirio (PAMES): Project directed by Dr. Juan Luis Montero Fenollós (Universidad de La Coruña) in Deir Ez-Zor (Syria). Season of July 2009. http://www.arqueologiaoriente.com/
- De Asuán a Jaén. Desenterrando el pasado en la “Colina del Viento”
- 20th September 2016, Museum of Jaén (Spain).
- 7th-20th of November 2016, University of Jaén (Spain).
- Los resultados del Proyecto Qubbet el-Hawa en Egipto
- 14th-30th June 2017, Museum of Jaén (Spain).
- “The Middle Kingdom Theban Project y la expedición arqueológica a Egipto de la UAH”
- 20th December 2019 – March 31th 2020. San Diego Coffee Corner, Alcalá de Henares (Spain)