Patricia Mora Riudavets was born in Barcelona in 1983. She is an MA in Egyptology from the University of Liverpool and has a degree in History from the Universitat de Barcelona. Her research focuses on music and dance in ancient Egypt, being the topic of her MA dissertation the “Women clapping their hands within musical bands in the Old Kingdom”.
While doing her degree, she discovered her passion for photography and assisted at photography classes in the Faculty of Fine Arts from the University of Barcelona, where she learnt to develop her own photos.
Years later she completed the Annual Course of Photographic Tecnique at the Aula de Especialización Fotográfica (Barcelona), where she learnt the techniques of professional lighting and digital retouching.
Working as a photographer, is and has also been part of the team of different archaeological projects:
- “Proyecto Qubbet el Hawa”: Project directed by Dr. Alejandro Jiménez Serrano (Universidad de Jaén) in Aswan (Egypt). Season 2016, 2017. http://www.ujaen.es/investiga/qubbetelhawa/index.php
- Photographer at “Dayr al-Barsha Project”, directed by Dr. Harco Willems (University of Leuven). 2017.
- “Monthemhat Project (TT34)”: Project directed by Dr. Farouk Gomaá (Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen) in El-Assassif’s necropolis (Luxor, Egipto) during the seasons of 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2006.
- Proyecto Arqueológico Medio Eufrates Sirio (PAMES): Project directed by Dr. Juan Luis Montero Fenollós (Universidad de La Coruña) in Deir Ez-Zor (Syria), during the season of July 2009. http://www.arqueologiaoriente.com/
- <<De Asuán a Jaén. Desenterrando el pasado en la “Colina del Viento”>>
- 20 September 2016, Museum of Jaén.
- 7 to 20 of November 2016, University of Jaén.